Miss Universe Nigeria 2024 winner, Chidimma Adetshina, has accused some South Africans of targeting her and attempting to make her an example amid an ongoing legal dispute over her citizenship status.
Adetshina, a former Miss South Africa contestant, made the remarks in a video shared by South African television station eNCA on X after the Cape Town Regional Court adjourned her case on Wednesday.
She said she believed she had been subjected to unfair treatment but maintained that she would not allow anger to dictate her response to the controversy.
“I believe that I have been treated unfairly and targeted and there has been an attempt to make me an example. But my message is not going to be one out of anger,” she said.
Adetshina urged South Africans to reject xenophobia and misinformation, stressing that people should be treated according to their legal status and citizenship.
“South Africa is governed by the rule of law and we should not allow xenophobia and misinformation to determine how people are going to be treated. We should all be guided by the spirit of Ubuntu,” she added.
Other News
The Cape Town Regional Court adjourned the case until February 27, 2027. Adetshina is challenging efforts to detain her pending deportation proceedings.
She has maintained that she was born in Soweto, South Africa, and said she had used the appropriate legal channels to establish her citizenship status.
Adetshina also said she had complied with the legal processes throughout the dispute and would respect the eventual outcome.
“Throughout this ordeal I have availed myself of all appropriate legal laws and I will continue to respect and abide by each process,” she said.
The beauty queen thanked her family, friends, supporters and legal representatives for standing by her and supporting her through the ongoing case.

Follow Us on Google
