Presidency cancels Budget signing last minute

vp1
Enugu State

 

There has been a last-minute cancellation of much awaited siogning of the 2017 budget by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.

It was gathered that the document had been slated for signing by 9:00a.m on Thursday.

A source said that the budget was due to be signed on Thursday and that the presiding officers of the National Assembly had been invited to witness the exercise.

But the Presidency made a last-minute cancellation of the exercise.

It was gathered  earlier on Wednesday that a team from the Presidency had met with the leadership of the National Assembly where it was disclosed that the budget would be signed the next day.

A source at the meeting said signing of the budget was the main issue that the presidential team discussed with the lawmakers.

But later in the evening, the leadership of the National Assembly was informed that the exercise would no longer go on as planned. (TheCable)

 

NEWS UPDATE: Nigerians can now earn as much as $15,000-$25,000 with premium domains. You decide if you want payment in Naira or US Dollars. Be sure to ask for evidence and proof of people benefitting daily from this. CLICK HERE TO START

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Breaking news & top stories

Follow The Sun Newspaper

Get live updates & exclusive stories delivered straight to your phone.

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Enugu State