Osinbajo’ll sign 2017 budget when satisfied with content – Presidency

vp
Enugu State

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo will assent to the 2017 budget when he is satisfied with the content, his spokesperson said on Wednesday, in apparent reaction to a report that Information Minister Lai Mohammed said the government was unsure of who to sign the document.

Earlier on Wednesday, a national daily (not Daily Sun) had published a report entitled: “We don’t know who will sign 2017 budget – Lai Mohammed.”

But the minister has since dismissed the newspaper report.

But the spokesperson to the acting president, Laolu Akande, stressed his principal would sign the budget into law in due course.

“Just so we are clear: when the time comes, everything is set, and he is satisfied, Ag. President Yemi Osinbajo will assent to the 2017 Budget,” tweeted Mr. Akande.

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Breaking news & top stories

Follow The Sun Newspaper

Get live updates & exclusive stories delivered straight to your phone.

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.