Men’s doubles world No. 1 Farah out of Australian Open

images
Enugu State

Colombian Robert Farah, ranked world number one in men’s doubles, has withdrawn from the Australian Open for personal reasons, tournament organisers said on Tuesday.

Canada-born Farah won Wimbledon and the U.S. Open doubles titles with long-time partner and fellow Colombian Juan Sebastian Cabal.

The pair, who made the 2018 doubles final at Melbourne Park and were awarded the ATP’s doubles team of the year in 2019, had already pulled out of this week’s Adelaide International warmup event.

A Tennis Australia spokeswoman told Reuters 32-year-old Farah’s decision to pull out was not injury related.

Cabal, 33, was expected to remain in Melbourne and play in the doubles with another partner, she added.

The Australian Open starts on Monday.(Reuters/NAN)

NEWS UPDATE: Nigerians can now earn as much as $15,000-$25,000 with premium domains. You decide if you want payment in Naira or US Dollars. Be sure to ask for evidence and proof of people benefitting daily from this. CLICK HERE TO START

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Breaking news & top stories

Follow The Sun Newspaper

Get live updates & exclusive stories delivered straight to your phone.

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Enugu State