FG says no Ambassador recalled

FEDERAL
Enugu State

The Federal Government has dismissed reports claiming that there was a mass recall of Ambassadors.

Media reports had claimed that there was a mass recall of Ambassadors by the Federal Government.

But Malam Garba Shehu, Special Assistant (media and publicity), to President Muhammadu Buhari, in a statement, said that only 25 career Ambassadors, who attained the retirement age or had been in public service for 35 years, were recalled.

“There was nothing like mass recall of Ambassadors.What happened lately is that 25 career ambassadors, who attained the  retirement age or 35 years of public service in December 2018, were recalled.

“They were allowed to remain at their duty posts, given an extension, if that is the word, in view of the upcoming elections, which is now behind us.
“No other Ambassadors, besides these ones, are recalled.
“The non-career Ambassadors are in place while career Ambassadors with more years of public service remain where they are,” the statement made available to newsmen on Sunday in Abuja, said. (NAN)

NEWS UPDATE: Nigerians can now earn as much as $15,000-$25,000 with premium domains. You decide if you want payment in Naira or US Dollars. Be sure to ask for evidence and proof of people benefitting daily from this. CLICK HERE TO START

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Breaking news & top stories

Follow The Sun Newspaper

Get live updates & exclusive stories delivered straight to your phone.

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Enugu State