Dozens feared dead in Congo boat accident

Dozens feared dead in Congo boat accident
Enugu State

At least 12 people were killed in a boat accident in Congo’s Central Kasai province and 50 more are presumed dead, an official said on Tuesday.

“We think all those missing are dead,’’ Dieudonne Pieme, Kasai Governor, told dpa, adding that the boat sunk on the Lukenye river on Friday.

A local priest said the boat headed to the capital Kinshasa had been overcrowded, which is a regular cause of accidents on Congo’s rivers.

In April, more than 100 people died in a boat accident on Lake Kivu. (dpa/NAN)

NEWS UPDATE: Nigerians can now earn as much as $15,000-$25,000 with premium domains. You decide if you want payment in Naira or US Dollars. Be sure to ask for evidence and proof of people benefitting daily from this. CLICK HERE TO START

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Breaking news & top stories

Follow The Sun Newspaper

Get live updates & exclusive stories delivered straight to your phone.

Breaking news & top stories

Stay connected with The Sun Newspaper

Get breaking news, exclusive stories, and live updates delivered straight to your phone. Join thousands of readers already following us on Whatsapp Channel and Telegram.

Enugu State